HISTORY OF THE LANE THEATRE
Opened on July 15, 1948, the Lane Theater prospered in post WWII Williamsburg. Once a hub of social and cultural activity, the Lane Theater has been closed since 1987. The Williamsburg Action Team is dedicated to the restoration of the theater building and to the rebuilding of its cultural significance to the Williamsburg community. The article below was published in 1987 at the close of the theater. Click the link to read the article on-line or contact us to book a tour of the theater and see the original news clipping.
Click here to read the article online
Foster Lane and Raymond Richmond